Our Clients have ongoing access to a chartered health and safety consultant(s) working on an annual contract to provide support, practical advice, and assistance in the on-going management of health and safety. Furthermore, by purchasing a fixed number of consultant days in a year from us, we can offer you a better deal to manage your overall health and safety costs (i.e., it's cheaper and more predictable!). A typical service level agreement includes:
- An initial review of all safety management documentation and procedures;
- A training needs analysis and the development of a suggested health and safety training plan;
- The establishment/development of a safety consultation process;
- The establishment/development of contractor management procedures;
- The provision of all induction, manual handling, fork lift truck driver; occupational first aid, fire safety and other identified training and refresher training;
- The provision of management and supervisory safety training;
- The co-ordination of health and safety training across multi-site locations;
- Routine monitoring inspections - weekly, monthly, quarterly or annually;
- Accident and incident investigations;
- Annual safety audit and management report;
- If required, we can also manage the servicing and maintenance of fire extinguishers, fire alarms and emergency lighting for multi site clients.
This service is among our most popular and is tailored to your exact needs.
Auditing & Inspections:
Health and safety auditing by a third party independent consultant can give you a clear picture of your safety managemeent system and help identify any deficiencies that may exist. Our consultant(s) will tailor our existing audit format to your needs and forward it to you in advance. This allows you time to prepare for the audit and saves time and trouble on the day of the audit. Results are provided with feedback relating to statutory obligations and risk management improvements where identified. If required, our report can also include a suggested prioritisd action plan for the future. This service is available to all sizes and types of business.
Safety Management System:
Many of our clients require us to design and implement a system of safety management. An example of such a system is OHSAS 18001. This is a health and safety management system specification, which can be accredited by the NSAI once implemented in the workplace. This system is developed by working with clients to improve the management and implementation of health and safety arrangements in the organisation and is based on risk assessment. Our leading clients have found this approach an excellent mechanism in the ongoing process of reducing risks to employees. An integral benefit of this approach is the development of staff expertise in the client company as well as helping to fulfill your legal obligations.
VDU Workstation Assessments:
VDU's are one of the most common tools in today's office. As with other equipment overuse or incorrect use of VDU's can lead to difficulties for operators. The Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (General Application) Regulations 2007 contain a list of minimum requirements, which must be adhered to. One such requirement is the conducting of a risk assessment of VDU workstations, the environment in which they are located as well as the tasks completed by the operator. The Synergy approach to this type of assessment involves auditing workstations, which includes measurement of lighting, noise and humidity levels. The final report will include detailed assessment on each workstation as well as a general overview and key recommendations. Where appropriate, photographs will be included in the report to illustrate hazards.
The introduction of the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction Regulations) 2006 imposes additional obligations on clients, designers and contractors. Synergy can assist in the implementation, management and monitoring of safety obligations through all stages of the construction process. Whether you wish to conduct periodic site safety audits or to advise the Planning Supervisor for the Design Process, or the client or main contractor during construction, we have the competency, experience and skills to help.